At the MNPS Health Care Centers, we treat the whole family! “Even kids?” you might ask. Yes! We can treat your children, too.
Preteen and teen years are times of big changes for your child’s body and mind. Our practitioners can help your adolescent navigate those changes — in a confidential setting that’s relaxed and comfortable. In addition to annual physicals and care when they’re sick, we can also provide guidance on specific issues adolescents face, such as:
- Body image/weight concerns
- Sexual health/STDs
- Menstruation/birth control
- HPV vaccine (to prevent cancer)
- Substance/tobacco use
- Nutrition/eating disorders
- Behavioral health/anxiety/depression
- Asthma/respiratory health
- Skin care
- Other gender-specific and general well-child care
Our NPs are committed to providing a trusting environment for your child and help him/her feel comfortable discussing the sensitive issues associated with growth and development. Learn more about each of our providers by visiting MNPSHealth.org/staff.
If your child(ren) are covered as dependents under the MNPS Cigna health plan, there is no cost to you to use Center services. If they are covered under a different plan, they can still use the Centers and we’ll bill your insurance.
Scheduling an appointment
Give us a call at 615-259-8755 and schedule an appointment with one of our NPs if your preteen or teen:
- Needs an annual physical or well-child exam (Note: A sports physical is not the same as an annual physical.)
- Needs a primary care provider
- Has questions or concerns he/she would like to discuss in confidence with a health care provider